May 30, 2019
Skywalker Trampolines follows the American Society for Testing and Materials International (ASTM. They are a nonproﬁt organization that develops and publishes technical standards involving testing and classiﬁcation of materials of every sort. In other words, it provides safety standards and regulation on almost every product the average person uses.
Per ASTM standards, our products are tested four times the recommended normal user weight. Which means if a trampoline has a weight limit of 200 lbs it has been tested successfully at 800 pounds. Keep in mind, ASTM compliant weight limits are optional for trampoline brands to follow.
What are Some of the ASTM Trampoline Guidelines?
- Place the trampoline on a level surface before use
- Use the trampoline in a well-lit area. Artiﬁcial illumination may be required for indoor or shady areas
- Adequate overhead clearance is essential. A minimum of 24 ft from ground level is recommended. Provide clearance for wires, tree limbs, and other possible hazards
- Do not allow more than one person on the trampoline. Use by more than one person at the same time can result in serious injury
- Use trampoline only with mature, knowledgeable supervision
- DO NOT attempt or allow somersaults. Landing on the head or neck can cause serious injury, paralysis, or death, even when landing in the middle of the bed
- Learn fundamental bounces and body positions thoroughly before trying more advanced skills. A variety of trampoline activities can be carried out by performing the basic fundamentals in various series and combinations, performing one fundamental after another, with or without feet bounces between them
- Avoid bouncing too high. Stay low until bounce control and repeated landing in the center of the trampoline can be accomplished. Control is more important than height
- While keeping the head erect, focus eyes on the trampoline toward the perimeter. This will help control bounce
- Avoid bouncing when tired. Keep turns short
- For information concerning skill training, contact a certiﬁed trampoline instructor
How to Have Fun and Follow ASTM
ASTM recommends one jumper at a time to eliminate accidents, and we know it can be a struggle to wait your turn. With that in mind, we have created an exciting way to encourage jumpers to wait their turn. We have everything from toss games to sports training equipment and group activities, making sure our trampolines can entertain the entire family while keeping everyone safe during the process.
Our button hole enclosure net follows ASTM guidelines by creating a safe environment that keeps jumpers away from the springs which prevent related injuries. The buttonholes at the bottom of our enclosure net easily allow the v-rings of the jump mat to slide through and connect the enclosure net to the jump mat. This feature provides a secure attachment which eliminates dangerous gaps that hands or feet could still slip through.
We strive to ensure the highest possible levels of quality, efficiency, and product safety compliance. Following ASTM trampoline guidelines are voluntary; However, all of our products meet or exceed ASTM safety standards.